ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Gilland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:29:56 -0500
Guys.

phil, if you want it let me know...  i've noticed a few people have written
me off list and said that Brad's track was really soft...  Could I try to
fix it...  Well?  Gladly!  i did.  i added some normalization, and some E Q
as well...  By this I mean:  there was far wayyyyy! to much mid range
frequency, so I cut some of it out, then i also boosted up the low
frequencies.  Then, I ran the track through my hardware quad4 effect
processor which has a killer! and believe me, I mean! killer! dynamic
condenser compresser in it so, needless to say:  my! gosh!  I have never!
thought that his track could sound so good!  i re encoded it to 192 kbs
stereo 16 bit 44100 hz.  it's an mp3 of corse...  o, one last thing:  Once
all was processed, I ran it to my minidisk recorder, and got the mix
recorded.  Then, i used the AB erase function on the recorder and cropped
the track so that the little bit of mike/tape hiss at the beginning before
he starts is gone, now it's cut down to literally the tenth! of a frame
where he starts playing.  Then, i also did the same at the end of the
track...  Then, noticed that because of that, it got cut off very cold, so I
faded out the last half a second of the track, thus giving a ver'r'ry smooth
leadout.  once the final mix was done, then I ran it back! through my board
again, my hardware mixer that is, back into my sound card, and back to sound
forge.  Then rerecorded it, and Boom!  A complete masterpiece!  if any of
you all want this improvement, let me know and i'll send it to ya...

Chris.
msn or windows Messenger:

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

AOL messenger:  gilland1981