ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 06:08:38 -0600
I think Nelson's Bible dictionary said it hahahha.  But I do think it is
important that we realize that God is serious about who he calls his
children. It is not a fuzzy feely good term which we can flip around
flippantly, little pun there *smile*,  or sit comfortably in church pews as
a CEO Christian, Christmas and Easter Only, or similar mentality, but that
we take his word, ingest it and use it as sustenance for our daily diet. We
all have our ups and downs, and our downs are usually our time of learning.
And why is that? Because we find life is treating us pretty serious and we
reach to the only one that can help or comfort or bring peace and hope.
Those times may not be punishment for our actions, but perhaps a
repositioning by the Father to kick us back in line, or it could be our own
stupidity or mistake too, which God utilizes for the same purpose. His Word
tells us that he disciplines those he loves, not disciplining those who are
illegitimate children. So we can hope to find God's discipline in our
lives, if not, and we are rosy and peachy all the time in our own
foolishness, we may not have the inheritance we thought. What a terrible
place to find ourselves.

Brad