ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:48:11 -0500
Phil, thank you for posting this to the list.  I had never before heard
anyone describe the Voice of God within as you have described it
here:  Quote: suddenly the Lord spoke to me with a force I had never
experienced before.  I cannot explain exactly how it sounded because He,
the Lord, actually spoke no words to me.  This is often how I hear from the
Lord but this time, the force of His silent voice felt like it was coming
deep from within His universe and was loudly directed, not into my
thoughts, but into my spirit.  I repeat, it was not in my mind or mental
thoughts.  As weird as it may sound, it felt as if the largest pair of lips
you have ever seen were talking to me just inches from my chest.  Yes, I
said, my chest. "Why my chest?" I wondered.  Later I realized the Lord was
in fact talking into my spirit and my head had nothing to do with it.  I
said it was weird." End quote  It isn't weird to me, Phil, and I wanted you
to know that I do understand what you describe, for I have experienced
it.  This is what happens when He presses me down into intercessory prayer,
and that usually is accompanied by tears of compassion and sometimes grief
for the ones for whom I'm praying.

I also can relate to His instructions to you concerning Gretchen.  At the
time when my own daughter was going through similar things in her life, I
had not as yet known how to pray and let her go into the Lord's
Hands.......but He caused that to happen, even without my strong awareness
of it.  He is so gracious and merciful and longsuffering.  It took several
years for her life to straighten out, but it did, and I can only thank Him
for doing for me what I could not for myself.

Love,
Helen