From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 10:35:03 -0400
Thanks for sharing this, David.

I've passed it onto others to enjoy.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of David W Wood
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 3:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: a salient poem

Hi all

With the talk this week  about Mike's loss of power, I thought this fitting
and claim no originality:

 Ode to a Tube

Your anode glows red, your cathode stays blue.
The greater your output, the brighter your hue.

Old friends, you and I, my trusty glass bottle.
You never once failed me when I pushed you full throttle.

You bagged rare ones in pileups - each new one a thrill - And you lowered
each winters' big heating oil bill!

With no filament delays, just instant huge power, I pity the aluminum op top
of the tower!

You've such power out, it keeps blowing the meter.
And last time I tuned you, you burned up my feeder.

Your case was so hot, the paint's all in blisters.
God bless vacuum tubes - just try that with transistors!

The bands are improving, there's 'DXcitement' in store.
SO hang in there, Old Friend, for just one cycle more!

73

David W Wood