From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:56:11 -0000
Hi Lou

My way of finding my preferred listening pitch is to sweep the pitch tone,
and stop it at the preferred frequency.  I honestly couldn't tell you what
it is though!  Probably around 550 Hertz.

A440 is the standard concert pitch which was adopted in the USA in 1926.  it
then became an international standard in the post war years.
The 432 is sometimes used as an alternative in some countries and concerts.

Often the medieval music enthusiasts use A flat as a standard - I think this
is about 425 Hertz.

73

David W Wood