From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:28:13 -0700
First thing to do is check coax with an ohm meter and see if you show a
short.  Some antennas do and I usually check this out before just so I
know.  You obviously have a short on the loop likely the coax.  Who
soldered those and did they check after soldering?  Stupid question I
know.  Also, I am not sure if the dual band would show a short or not,
but I'd check it.  SLimple thing to try is redo the connector on the
bottom end, easy to do and if you're lucky, that may be where the
problem is.  Good luck.
73
Butch
WA0VJR