From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 09:38:22 -0400
Steve:

Thanks for your thoughts here.

Both of our interpretations regarding the auto tuner extender are pretty
much alike.

The unit costs $79, so I am half tempted just to order it, with the idea
that if it doesn't suit my needs, MFJ does have a pretty reasonable return
policy.

My thinking behind the whole purchase centers around the N A Q P contests in
August.  I likely will be doing them from out in the RV, and if I could
somehow easily get some sort of a signal out on 80 meters, I could probably
compete reasonably well.  When I am out there over the fourth of July
week-end, I'm going to more thoroughly check to see exactly where the TS480
auto tuner tunes the DXCC on 80 meters, which will help me get a better
handle on the situation.

Will keep you posted.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ