From:
Richard B McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:53:02 -0700
Hi!

In AC Log, under the Settings > Rig Interface menu, there are various fields
that need to be correctly set so that AC Log interfaces with the PC.  I do
not think the issue relates to the cable connection; see item 2, below.
Following are my questions:

1.  The first field is Select Rig.  There are two Kenwood types - "Kenwood"
and "Kenwood 2."  Which is the right one for a Kenwood TS-2000?

2.  The next field asks for the Com Port.  This is set to "COM3"; which I am
sure is right because I use both the ARCP-2000 and the MCP2000 applications
successfully with that same Com Port.

3.  Next is baud rate.  Every other application (like ARCP-2000 and MCP2000)
uses 9600 bps; so that is what I think this field should be set to.

4.  Next, there are three fields for Parity, Data Bits and Stop Bits.  These
are defaulted to "None", "8" and "2", respectively.  I have a sneaky
suspicion that the Stop Bits should instead be "1."  Maybe there is more as
well.

5.  Next are two fields for Connection and Polling; which I believe are
correctly set at "RTS" and "2 seconds", respectively.

6.  Then there is a field for how the Mode is determined; which seems
correctly defaulted to "Rig."

7.  Finally, there are two fields about which Commands to use to read the
frequency and Mode.  I believe that these are correctly defaulted to "fa;"
and "md;", respectively.

So, what are the correct settings for all of this?  Right now, AC Log does
not seem to be correctly interfacing with my PC.

73,

Richard KK6MRH