From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:07:01 -0400
It's a military system for tracking satellites which in Eastern MA and parts
of CA has got us ordered on such low power on 440 as to make the band
useless and most repeaters ordered off the air. Not much more satisfying
than sitting a mile down the road from the site and transmitting 50 watts
mobile but the band is about useless in those areas. That sure has increased
900 MHz use though.