From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 21:57:14 -0500
This is interesting, as I have a friend with an expired General class
license as I recall.  It appears that they're going to give credit for
expired Generals to renew without having to pass element 3, but I'm not sure
if they need to pass Element 2 or not.
I looked at the fcc pages on this, and it's tough reading as you might
expect.
--
Jim, KE5AL