From:
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2014 10:04:06 -0500
The topic of studying for ham license exams comes up frequently on this
list, and those of you who are desirous of taking a ham license exam to
either earn your very first ham license or to upgrade to a higher class of
license, you are, indeed, most fortunate because the abundance of accessible
materials to help you accomplish your goal has never been greater. One of
the first sources that is tailored to your needs is the study materials
available from Handihams and fully accessible from the Handiham website.
Then, there are several computer-based programs that are accessible and that
will generate practice exams for you to take using the same exact database
of questions used by the FCC when generating its actual exams that you will
receive. These practice exam programs let you know what questions you got
right and which ones you got wrong and your final score. I always recommend
to my students who are studying for their license exams to study and
practice until they are able to answer at least 90% of the questions
correctly consistently.

Now, I am asking others here on our list to share the fully accessible
materials and programs they used recently and are using to study and prepare
to take their ham license exams. I plan to organize the information into a
"white paper" report so it will be available to others as this topic comes
up again in the future.

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman
Retired Professor of Marketing
President: A3 Business Solutions (a3businesssolutions.com)
President: M&M Properties
Chair: American Council of the Blind's PR Committee
Chair: American Council of the Blind's MMS Committee
President: South Central Kentucky Council of the Blind (SCKCB.ORG)