From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2014 10:08:47 -0400
                Hi, all.

Well, this week-end, the XYL and I will be camping out at our favorite local
camp site in our new trailer with my own little ham shack.

I think I may have said this before, but I now have an Alpha Delta DXCC
multi-band dipole out there, up at about 35 feet at the center, with the
ends sloping down to some lower trees.  I gave the antenna a quick test run
with my TS480 two week-ends ago, and it seemed to play well, at least on 40
meters.

I'm going to test the antenna more thoroughly this week-end by participating
at least somewhat in the CQ WPX CW contest, so if anyone will be doing that
contest, please listen for me and give me a call if you can.  The exchange
is very simple-just an RST plus the contact serial number.  I've configured
the N3FJP software on my logging laptop for the TS590, so hopefully,
everything will work on the 480 when I get out there.

In addition, if possible, I'll try to check into either the 40-meter round
table tomorrow afternoon, or the 20-meter cross-country net Sunday
afternoon.  We may be having company at some point, but hopefully, that
won't prevent me from participating in at least one of the nets.

Just wanted to give everyone an update, and I hope to hear some familiar
calls this week-end.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ