From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 12:46:33 -0400
For Eric:

wicj mfj box are you speaking of?

for the rest of the list,
I have an alexloop and for portable work it is nice.  very efficient, but like all magnetic loops, very narrow band.  It must be retuned about every 5 kc.  To tune, turn off AGC and tune for max noise.  That will get you close enough.
For more general info, go to the alexloop web site.  He has many articles on magnetic loop construction.

I have checked into the blind hams 20 meter net using the alex loop from inside my living room running ten watts with my elecraft kx3.

Gary Lee