From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 10:14:07 -0500
Mike,
I wonder if you have changed the jumper between the transceiver and
the amp.  Perhaps it is some odd length that is causing trouble on
twenty.  I seriously doubt that you are having tube problems with the
amp - if so, as has been pointed out, output on ten and fifteen would
be low as well.  And I think that your friend is making a good faith
effort on your behalf and perhaps has just missed the actual
problem.  I have a pretty good handle on at least the older gear but
have made some incorrect diagnoses in my ham lifetime.  Doesn't make
me an idiot - makes me a bit more careful the next time!
Good luck.