From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 14:20:32 -0500
Tom,

Yes, do clean all connections first, beginning at the bolts
on the back of the Astron. And don't forget the fuse holders
on the Kenwood cable too.

The voltage adjustment for the Astron is on a circuit board,
which if I remember correctly without taking the lid off
mine, is very near the front of the power transformer and
filter capacitors. It is just above the bottom of the
cabinet. With the front of the supply facing you, it will be
on the left side, but not near the edge. You have to work
your hand down in there to touch it.

It is one of those flat, circuit-board mounted pots that
adjusts from the top with a screw driver, or you can turn it
by hand. The place where you turn it is about the size of a
dime, with a slot in the middle of it, and a notch on the
edge. With the front of the supply facing you, turning it
clockwise will raise the voltage.

It will go as high as 15 volts, which is a bit more than you
want. So have someone check the output with a volt meter
before you fire up the Kenwood.
When I checked mine several years ago, it was at 13.4 volts.
I raised it to 14.0, and the power from my TS570 came back
to where it should be.

You might check the voltage at the connector end on your
Kenwood supply, and set the Astron so that the voltage on
the connector end of the cable from your Rig Runner matches
that one.