From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:43:38 -0400
I have decided I am going to order a Kenwood tmv71a. My girlfriend looked up prices and the lowest she fund was at ham City and Gigaparts. Are there any problems with either of these places? I hardly see the point in paying more to get it rom another dealer, and I do not need the dealer to install the voice module. I can not remember if  it is the same module as in my ts-2000, but I seem to remember that it is a newer unit. If it is the same I will pull the module from my 2000 since I honestly don’t need the voice with that rig nearly as often, and I can always replace it when the new units become available again. I have also decided that i do not need ay of the accessories at this time because i do not know if the radio will get a permanent home in the car, or in my in the shack most of the time..
Please let me know if there are awesome or bad experiences with any of the dealers. I have a hamfest coming up, ut I hav emu doubts  if they can match the prices from either Gigaparts, which offers free shipping, or ham City, which is  $20 cheaper than Gigaparts, but I am sure charges for shipping.