From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 05:49:32 -0500
Any meter can only measure the data it can get.  Since the TW1 is a watt
meter in the antenna circuit, it can't get the current in a plate power
meter.
Theoretically, current dip and maximum output are at the same place.  Older
tube amplifiers had to be properly nutralized for this to be so.
This was not a task for the inexperienced person, because the full plate
voltage of the radio was in play on the process.
I think with the grounded grid amplifiers, this problem was solved, but I am
not sure.  I spent Sunday morning helping a friend sell a Drake B line.  I
can't believe how much I remember about those radios, and I can't believe
how much the technology has changed in the last 45 years.  The other thing
is that they are half of the way back to the start of ham radio.  think how
much the technology changed from 1923 to 1968.
I never saw a happier ham than the man who bought the station.  He walked
away with a really cool deal.
The B line, updated power supply, microphone, RF speech processor, compleete
replacement set of tubes, and two perfectly build didgital VFO's.  Oh extra
crystals for 10 30 and 160 as well.
Manuals for everything to.

I cam e home with a wireless router for $7.

---