From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2014 12:29:52 -0400
Hi, again. All.

So, here is what the TS590 manual says about activating the auto zero-beat
function.  I’m usually pretty good at figuring out these things, but the
instructions are a bit unclear to me.

If anyone can help decode them, I’d appreciate that.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

AUTO ZERO-BEAT

Use Auto Zero-beat before transmitting to tune in a CW station. Auto
Zero-beat

automatically and exactly matches your transmit frequency with the station
you

are receiving. Neglecting to do this will reduce your chances of being heard
by

the other station.

1 Tune to the CW signal using the Tuning control.

2 Press [CW T. (AGC OFF)] to start Auto Zero-beat while CW is selected for
the

operating mode.

•  "CW TUNE" appears.

• Your reception frequency automatically changes so that the pitch (tone) of

the received signal exactly matches the TX sidetone/ RX pitch frequency that

you have selected. Refer to "TX SIDETONE/ RX PITCH FREQUENCY" {below}.

• When matching is completed, "CW TUNE" disappears.

• If matching is unsuccessful, the previous frequency is restored.

3 To quit Auto Zero-beat, press [CW T. (AGC OFF)] or [CLR].

Note:

? When using Auto Zero-beat, the matching error is normally within ±5 Hz.