From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2014 14:54:14 -0330
This is why I'd like to see a possible Ham Pod device that could be interfaced with other rigs such as Yaesu and Icom.
I don't like to be told that A. if you want an accessible rig, then you have to go with Kenwood. B. If you want a Yaesu, then you'll get limited voice in the FT-450D and that one only but if you want the higher end Yaesu, your on your own and they take the approach that the disabled ham, isn't worth or not fit to own the higher end rig. LOL
C. likewise with Icom, we'll give you a S-9/freq read out but that's it and piss off. LOL Elecraft is at least doing something to allow hp access and if you can afford the 4G to get a nicely equipped K-3 and HP combo, then go for it.
Keep in mind, the 4G price estimate here is what I'd have to pay up here in Canada, probably even 4500. LOL
With the CAT command references out there, maybe its time we as a list try and get a company to try and do something.
With Rob at Ham Pod already doing great strides in this, is there anyway that a multi rig Ham Pod  could be possible?

73:
Mike VO1AX