From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 08:28:13 -0330
Hi Don:

I purchased the set from HRO in the states. I also had to purchase a USB to serial adapter plus two audio cable from radio shack.  Your right about Yaesu panel not bring removable, so I had to connect my mic, paddles,and speaker to one of the remote rig boxes at the apartment.  I simply used HRD To announce the Freq, S9 mode, and direct freq access.  This made 0 beating no issue.  Simply tapping the up or down arrow allowed fine tuning.  I'm not sure how HRO's tech support team will help as I dealt with the remote rig team directly through e-mail and their forum.  Again, they were very helpful and responded promptly to my questions.  If your running a Kenwood TS 480 or other rig that has a separation kit, you can simply connect this kit to the controlling remote rig box and you will get complete radio access.

My dream transceiver is the Yaesu ft102 the daddy of the FT1000D.  This was yaseu's top of the line rig in 1983.
HTH and 73:
Mike VO1AX