From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:46:38 -0700
You will have to slow down reading this message and you might have to spell
a few by individual letters to get the idea.  I remember how hard we all
used to work back in the day, as they say, trying to find phonetics that had
meaning.  For example, I was WA0ORO and friends called me Old Rotten
oranges, old rotten operator, onion rings only, I used Oranges Radishes, and
onions, and a few others.  A friend was old dead horse,, another was dirty
hams underwear, he was my Elmore, hot Quaker Oats, I tickle women, old
yellow toilet, slippery yellow banana, wild blue yonder, old rotten apples,
April may and June, hop skip and a jump, mighty quick microphone, Maximum
Quality maintained, who helped me study electronics and explain things I
couldn't understand at 15 related to studying for the advance and extra so
he was an Elmer, too, loud mouth amateur, onions with jellow, old milk
bottle,Sweet Hawaiian oranges, a two letter call a friend has I call him
Corn Radio CR, Another friend used to be two left feet, and here are a
couple you have to stop and think about for a second or two, pennies,
nickels and dimes, PND, and another was Ones, nines, and eights or WA0ONE.
Nine pound hammer, two gun Louie, A CW buddy of mine I call Curly Moe and
Larry so I call him Curly for short but he won't let anybody else call him
that; not even for a nick name.  I have a friend who used to be NF0Z and he
would sometimes identify as 9 5 0 0 and screw everybody up thinking he was a
CB operator on the wrong frequency.  Don't pay cash is a friend here in
Denver, Howard's pig farm, he's passed away long ago now, hot water pipes,
Horses hind end, and many others that will likely come to mind.  Of course,
as always, there are a few I can't repeat.  Want to add to the list?

Phil.
K0NX