From:
eric oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2014 01:14:18 -0700
I have found some issues with AVAST that don't work well for me. On the windows laptop: it would hog resources and become unstable. ALso, you can't uninstall the software without rebooting into safe mode (where jaws will not work).

On my mac, it caused the cpu to run hot all the time and generally slowed down file access. I haven't run the latest version as I switched over to ClamXav. ClamXav is far more accessible and user friendly. It is also far more user friendly for the blind computer user.

Anyway, thats my take on things when it comes to easy to use A/V software. BTW, even on a mac, its a good idea to observe good security protocols (given the recent revelation of a major security flaw in apple products).

-eric