From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2014 17:29:03 -0500
1.3 to 1 and you are panicked?  i think hat is rather obsessive compulsive. there are many qst articles that talk about how you should not be obsessed with swr readings if they are reasonable.. the arrl lab  people would agree that anything under 1.5 is completely irrelevant and are as likely to be errors in the metering as any actual reflected power.   , tt having been said, i am very surprised that you can’t get your step ir to tune better than that, and would think some checks of connections and such are in order up there. good luck with that one :)  enjoy