From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 10:26:37 -0600
We had a Boiled Owls net on 160 meters in the late fifties and early
sixties.  Midnight until four a m Friday nights.  A M of
course!  Begun by Fred W9MIR, long since deceased.  He developed
numbered certificates - I believe I had #2.  By the time that the net
faded out, I think there had been seventy or so certs. issued.
Thanks for the memory.