From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2013 18:39:26 -0600
Dave,

I own the 4245, and the 4125 supplies, and like them both
just fine, although the fan in the 4125 is a bit noisy.

The main differences between my 4125 and the 4225 are that
the 4225 has meters and a cigarette lighter socket on the
front, just like the 4245. The 4125 has neither. I don't
care about it not having meters, but do miss the cigarette
lighter socket. Also, the plastic thumb knobs that hold the
wires on the output bolts of the 4125 will screw completely
off, thus allowing for the use of closed ring terminals on
the end of the cable you connect to it. I am pretty sure
that the 4225 is like the larger 4245, in that its terminal
knobs do not come off.

If there are any other differences, they are internal, and I
don't know what they are.

The 4125 costs approximately $90, and I believe the 4225 is
around $120.

I have had my 4125 for just about a year, and the 45 amp
4245 for 3 years.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy those same units again if either
had to be replaced.