Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 18:34:09 -0600
7bit
Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Mike,

That's about what I thought it would run.  I just was curious because a
friend has one but he pushes his much harder than you do and has to buys a
round of tubes more often than needed.  I believe he actually bought 4 of
the 572B  tubes and then he didn't push it so hard because he didn't want to
keep buying tubes.  I used to run the old Heath Kit Warrior amp which ran 4
of the 811A tubes and they had a tube power supply.  A couple of friends
helped modify the amp for me by  converting the power supply, which was
built into the amp even when running tubes, into a solid state supply and we
took out the old relay, which it was switching the high voltage off and on,
and one or two other mods that escape me right now.  The dropped the weight
of the warrior from 90 down to 70 pounds but my power jumped from 595 to 700
output.  I ran it for years and although it was a big old horse, it sure
blew holes in the pile ups.  I own the al-811H once but traded it to a
friend before ever using it but it was nice to have a small amp you could
pick up with one hand, haha.

Phil.
K0NX