Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:15:24 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,

Several months ago, I bought a new Icom ID30A 440 ht and I do have it
programmed to hit my local hot spot.  Using the Icom software, I was able to
turn on the audible call feature which will speak call signs if the sending
station has their call in the right field.  The ht doesn't say anything
else.

I am not a DStar fan.  The audio is very poor do to the low voice sampling
rate, and range is much less than analog.  The only reason that I bought the
ht was that I got it on sale for not much more than the pc dongle and I'd
rather use a radio.

DStar technology is 20 years old and I'd much rather see moto turbo or C4FM
be the preferred digital mode, but the proprietary DStar protocol has a lock
on amateur radio.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]