Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 12:05:23 -0330
Hi Don:

I ran a remote rig from 2010 to 2011.
I ran it with a Yaesu FT-450. I had a netbook running HRD here in my
apartment, connected to 1 of the remote rig sets, you get 2 in a
pair. I had an  external speaker, desk mic and CW paddles connected
to it and it worked just fine.
At the remote site, I had the radio controler connected to my FT-450,
a LAN connection and a Carolina Windom at 45 feet. You will need an
no-ip or in my case I used dyns DNS, which now you have to pay monthly for.
On the apartment side, my setup again was connected to the LAN and
there are 2 pages you have to administer to configure everything. Its
pretty easy to do and the team at remote rig are pretty helpful.
I don't see any problems with configuring for kenwood, just a couple
of jumper settings, which you would find in the manual. Mine worked
out of the box for the FT-450.
I'd highly recommend going remote for restricted hams if you could
access a site to remote too.
I traded mine because my dream transceiver came available and wanted
to jump on it.
If you got any more questions, you can post to the list or email me directly.

HTH and 73:
Mike VO1AX