From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:27:24 -0400
Fred,

Not all radios need power for this unit.   Many  get the 12 vdc needed
from the     radio via the plug and play cable.  But since you had it
powered before, I guess you need to power it again , unless you have
changed radios to one that doesn't need external power.

It's just very low current 12 vdc, so a wall wart  will work if you have
one laying around.

If you lost the plug and play cable,  you can get someone to make one
for you or buy it from MFJ..     Depending on how your radio  outputs
keying, you may be able to just use the RCA jack on the unit and skip
the din connection.  In this case you would need to  add external 12 v
power to the power jack.

It does what it is supposed to do.  Always a argument as to whether it
is really needed depending on what radio and amp combo.   I have one
here and use it sometimes and sometimes  not.

73, Steve KW3A