From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:40:10 -0700
In my last contribution to this reflector I suggested that I would likely
have to scrap my broken G2800DXA.  Perhaps I should clarify my statement.
Though my rotor broke Friday morning, the rotor can probably be successfully
repaired, but doing that would likely not be cost, or time, effective.
Since I will have to pay someone to climb my tower and retrieve my Yaesu
rotor so that it can be shipped to Yaesu for overhaul, and then having to
pay my man again to climb back up the tower and install it when I get it
back, and God only knows how long it would take Yaesu to overhaul it, my
preference is to replace the rotor with something  stronger.  Since I don't
want to be unable to turn my antennas for an unknown period of time, I am
better off buying a bigger rotor and have my man install it at the same time
that he is bringing my broken unit down.    Candidates to replace my Yaesu
G2800DXA include rotors by Prosistel, M Square(Orion OR-2800), or prop pitch
based rotors.  Rotors made from prop pitch motors are at the top of the food
chain, and since I have a new one prepared by K7NV available to me for a
good price, That is the direction I have decided to go.  Would this be the
most cost effective alternative, probably not, but it is the quickest and
strongest approach for me to take.

HTH

Alan R. Downing

Phoenix, AZ