From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2014 21:14:49 -0400
Great points, Colin. I suspect that what happened here is the trunking
system they bought just didn't have the capacity they needed. The
bureaucrats tried to cheap it out and, of course in the long run, payed a
much higher price. What else is new?

And I do have and use a Baofeng both for ham work and listening to police
and fire frequencies. It gets the job done but, as we're right in town,
there is a lot of mixing and intermod going on and I know there must be
something out there with a more bullet-proof front end. 73. Lou  WA3MIX
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations
Messages On-hold: