From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:13:05 -0400
Are you sure your rig is working on 6 meters?  Calling frequencies were about 50.075 to 50.100 for CW and above 50.125 for SSB.  I wasn't on all the time, and by 8 PM Sunday I only had two grid squares.  But when I got back on the air at that time, we had some sporadic-E, and I worked from the DC area into Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and a couple of more states, for 15 more grids.  The E layer was quite sporadic this time.  I don't have a 6-meter antenna, but use my tri-band beam at 60 feet, which is probably equivalent to a dipole.
-- Lloyd, W3IUU