From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2014 18:07:46 -0400
Mostly using my KT34XA, which acts like a dipole on 6 meters but does tune
up, I have worked as far as Guadaloupe, Bermuda, Canary Islands, the
Maritime Provinces, California and Idaho.  I know, based on local activity,
that stations using beams will work and hear stuff I have no hope of
working.  Nevertheless, one-hop and sometimes double-hop sporadic-E skip is
doable.
So I may work one of you sometime if I happen to be listening at the right
time.  This is all CW and SSB, not FM.  When the band is open, polarization
really doesn't matter.  When signals bounce off the ionosphere, their
polarization is constantly changing.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com