From:
richard fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:21:05 -0500
tuning
Hi;
I guess I didn't appreciate the solid state amplifier I sold a
couple years ago.  Just set the radio for 25 or 30 wats of drive
and away I went.  If for whatever reason the amplifier got more r
f than it liked it just shut off.  You heard this nice little
click so you knew what was going on.  At the time the antenna
situation was such that I wasn't sure I'd be on h f at all so the
amplifier and tuner was the first thing to go.  This was an icom
amplifier and for whatever reason the alc only worked with some
icom radios and didn't seem to like kenwood.
I'm a bit surprised that kenwood hasn't come out with a solid
state amplifier? If memory serves, and it sometimes doesn't,
kenwood has had the same amplifier out there forever.
richard
sent from my braille note