From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:14:31 -0400
Tom,

Guess I didn't finish my thought on the carrier.  While it will have
effect on AM,CW, and FSK, it doesn't effect SSB.   As I said I do keep
my carrier set at 20 for CW/FSk.

If you are getting "over" on SSB, you are overdriving and either mic
gain, or proc in / proc out are not adjusted right.     My preference is
to  keep mic gain or proc out alc  in the low digits, and proc in  at 10
db on  the highest peaks.   At the very least, as I mentioned before get
your XYL to  see how  many pips puts you into the  sweet spot on the meter.

I'm not sure how   many pips are on the scale until you hit over, but it
is at least in the low teens.

Again, probably nothing to do with the amp, but you may want to get this
stuff adjusted.

73, Steve KW3A