From:
Mike Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2014 13:45:53 -0330
Tom:

Having owned the same amp for a couple of weeks now,
I have to say I'm quite happy with its performance and not noisy relay.
That said, you can either have some one assist you with perhaps a relay cleaning, look at w8ji web site to see if there's a relay substitution or
Simply purchase the external QSK switch from ameritron, which BTW, the 811H can accommodate.
When you read down through the description of the 811H, it says the external QSK option is available.
I would kind of stay away from a solid state amp at the moment because of the high cost. I'd  really would spend the little budget you may have in keeping that amp running nicely.
If considering a solid state though, for the price, I'd probably look at the elecraft KPA-500 or go with something from SPe.
I'd also contact ameritron for there thoughts.

HTH for what its worth, LOL and 73:
Mike VO1AX

P S
I'm driving mine with an FT-102 and getting 600W keydown with 50W of drive.
So if you baby this thing a little and keep in mind the low price of 811As, I think us owners of these little beauties should do fine.