From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2014 23:32:24 -0600
Mike,

In less I am missing something, I don't understand why you should have an S
W R of 30:1 through a length of coax.  This would suggest there is something
wrong with the coax.

What type of coax are you using and how long is it?

If you were feeding a one half wave dipole which is suppose to be
approximately 50 ohms at the feed point, using this coax would have the same
30:1 S W R as you had with the 50 ohm dummy load.  Just because you can tune
out the 30:1 S W R, doesn't mean there is an efficient transfer of R F from
the coax to the antenna at the feed point.

Unless there is something wrong with your dummy load, it looks like you
found the problem, replace the coax!

Howard #3