From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2014 14:38:20 -0500
Is this all bands?  All modes?  Can't you get the swr lower than 2:1?
The 480 manual suggests 1.5:1 or better.    High swr means  power
foldback to protect the finals.

Be sure all coax connections are tight.  Try into a dummy load if you
have one.   Check mic gain/processor levels for ssb, or carrier level
for cw/rtty.  Sometimes things get  put out of adjustment by accident.

73, Steve KW3A