From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:13:37 -0700
As I have indicated previously, I use the Power Master II from Array
Solutions.  The PMII is a terrific piece of equipment, and is extremely
accurate in measuring forward and reflected power, as well as, SWR.  Until
today, I have been reading the PMII's display on my computer with the Power
Master Basic software.  The PM2 basic software works very well, but
depending on how your shack is arranged, can be a little inconvenient to
use.  In my particular setup, I have to switch chairs between my radio bench
and my computer desk.  The distance between them is roughly 5 feet, but in
order to press the key to read the PMIII's display, I have to stretch so
that I can reach the keyboard with my right hand, and hold the mic with my
left hand so that I can key my rig.

Well, all of that has now changed.  I received my first HamPod in today's
mail, and after about 15 minutes, have it up and running.  While I am still
familiarizing myself with all of the keys and capabilities, I can report
that reading the PMII is far easier than having to use my computer to read
the PMII's display.  Rob has done a terrific job, and I highly recommend the
combination of PMII and the HamPod.  I am so pleased with how easy it is to
read my PMII with the HamPod, I can't wait to get my SteppIr control box
back from Rob with its keypad so that I will be able to read all of the data
and menus  for the first time.

As I become more familiar with the HamPod, and Rob's implementation of the
PMII software, I will post a follow-up to this preliminary post.  Thanks
Rob, you have done a great job.

Best 73

Alan/KD7GC

Alan R. Downing