From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:40:57 -0500
Howard,

  the short answer is yes it will do RTTY.   You probably  have the
Kantronics KAM multi mode controller.   I had one in the early '90's and
used it with a TS-430S.     I don't know if the KAM has  FSK keying or
not.  I used it in AFSK sending audio tones from the KAM into the mic
jack of the radio.       Also had to run a terminal program on the
computer to read the decoded text.   At that time I had a small amount
of usable vision, so no screen reader involved.

Radios have come a long way and I'm sure there is a better way to
connect  KAM and radio.    The KAM did a super job of decoding RTTY with
minimal garbage.  Wish I still had mine.

Having said all that, you really don't need it.  The  Internal USB sound
device in the 590 will do everything.  You just need software on the PC:
MMTTY, MixW, or whatever you  find out there.   You will need to
download and install the Kenwood virtual com port driver  to make use of
the 590's USB connection.  Since you already have the KAM,  you might
want to play around with it.  It was less prone to noise generated
garbage characters than any sound card I've used over the years.

73, Steve KW3A