ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 05:01:11 -0400
There are different Christian Faiths.  The first separation of the Faiths
being in 325 AD When the eastern orthodox and the Roman Churches separated.
Then, of course, there was that when Luther and those responsible for the
reformation separated from the Roman Church.  The eastern Orthodox,  and the
Coptic Christians remained in tact since their founding by Saint Paul and
those apostles who founded the Coptic Church.  It is interesting, one of the
questions asked the orthodox monk when he was lecturing was:  Whether he
believed Each Faith could ever partake of the Eucharist together.  He, of
course said:  He didn't believe this would be possible in his lifetime.
Because of the different doctrines each held regarding the Eucharist.  Also,
there are so many other things about which agreement is not possible, I
think.  I doubt we in
Christendom shall ever be truly a holy catholic church again.  Catholic in
the sense of being universal.  I dare say I have learned a good deal about
why it is people don't reach out toward other groups to engage them.  It
seems those who don't are more centered, and are less concerned with whether
they are understood by others.  Such contentment can be seen in the ultra
orthodox Jewish sects, and in the Amish communities.  and why it is I am the
only Roman Catholic on this list, and perhaps why there aren't more
interfaith lists.  The discussion has also caused me, which is a good thing,
to become more introspective.  Understanding there are things which will not
be understood by those of other Faiths.  Which, I suspect is why those
groups I mentioned earlier never even attempt to dialog.  If that were
possible, we would be of the same Faith.  Which is why there is still a
difference between the Eastern Churches and Rome today.  Though, they are
coming closer to each other now than they have in past centuries.