From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:22:46 -0500
One interesting thing about the MMTTY RTTY software, is that it  can be
set up to act as a modem and emulate a KAM or TNC.    Using a  null
modem cable, it will  output text via a comm port to  another comm port
on the same pc, or to a different pc.

I've played around with this, inputting received text to various
terminal programs with  mixed results using JAWS.   I've used
Hyperterminal, and the  packet terminals included in both the XMlog and
Writelog logging software.

I keep wondering if  there isn't  a way to feed this data into either a
  software package that will speak better, or some other device that
can  take this data from the serial cable and speak it out.

There are a boatload of PSK  software programs out there, maybe some
also offer this option of sending the data out as a modem.

73, Steve KW3A