From:
"Linda C. Knight" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2014 11:09:07 -0400
(this is re: the Kenwood TMV71A)

Hi all,

I have a couple questions and and please bear with me as I want to get this
radio sorted out and I doubt it will take long.

1.     I have finally gotten the 146.670 which is our club repeater and this
is the one I've had trouble getting with the handheld radio for the past few
years. So I am happy there. <smile. My ham buddy put in the frequency Friday
when she helped me set up the radio. Now for the fun.

2.     On the b band, There is the 443.450 repeater that I am trying to be
able to transmit on. I've tried looking at the manual and it sort of
confuses the daylights out of me when it talks about offsets . <smile.
Should I wipe out that frequency and start over? This particular repeater
has a pl tone. I do have the repeater book.

Maybe if someone can walk me through this one more time maybe it will stick.
LOL! Butch, I sure did appreciate our cession on Saturday. Art's tax person
came in that day and maybe at the end of our conversation when we were
entering in repeater info, things got a tiny bit distracting. So I am still
wobbly on entering frequencies.

3.                   What is the best way to surf the channels?

Thank you so much I appreciate any input.

Hugs and 73

Linda C. Knight & shirley

Ham Radio Operator CallSign: kk4hrg

Please note email: