From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2014 00:25:10 -0400
I recommend ring terminals to the power supply because they are solid and robust. and weather the station is anticipated to be moved or not, I recommend using anderson poerpole connections at the power supply end of the power cable. Infact, make several anderson pigtails on your power supply as most are capable of pouring multiple radios and accessories at the same time. Anderson  power pole are the best because everyone uses them, and once they are assembled they are impossible to connect backwards.  You neve know if you will need to move something, or take a radio to a friend’s house, or swap out a power supply to diagnose an issue. It also makes it childs play to connect your radio in a vehicle with a power tap. I have been using these connectors since the early 90s, ever since they become the ares standard and have never regretted it. i an’t coin the times I have moved my radios or taken them places, or needed to operate from a battery during a power failure. It is also very nice to be able to go outside with a radio and battery and enjoy a nice evening on the deck or patio.