From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2014 20:57:21 -0500
Linda, you'll still want as good an antenna as you can get.  The reason is
that once you get on the radio, you'll want to do better and better with
what you've got, and you'll want to get out as far as you can, so don't
settle for something less than you can possibly get up.  Probably an outdoor
antenna as high as you can get it will be good, especially with
line-of-sight propogation, which is what you have with VHF/UHF.
--
Jim, KE5AL