From:
Kelvin Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 18:39:14 -0000
Hi Tom,

I hadn't realised you can change the default from 50, thanks Jim.

The first thing I would comment on, is that restricting the list to a
relatively small number, makes everything run much faster.  I have about 12
thousand QSOs, and listing all of them has a noticeable slowing down effect.

As I've not found a single step method to select date ranges, I make a note
of record numbers, and I can use these to restrict list ranges.  For
instance, 12007 is the first QSO I made in 2014.

Here is another thing to try.  If you highlight certain entries in the Main
List, you can copy them to the clipboard, and then paste them into a
spreadsheet.  All the columns are preserved, and I find this is incredibly
useful for QSLing.

Select the QSOs to be shown in the list, as per Jim's instructions.  Press
Control+Q, to get into the Main List.  Highlight the records you want.
Pulldown the Edit menu and choose 'Copy Selected Records to Clipboard' or
there is an option to choose all the records with 'Copy Current List to
Clipboard'.  Go to your spreadsheet, and just paste them in.

When you get LOTW going, you can do the same with the QSO matches.  I seldom
bother, as the LOTW list is accessible, but it is occasionally useful to put
the list into a spreadsheet!

Best wishes, Kelvin Marsh - M0AID

Working to improve accessibility for radio amateurs with disabilities

www.active-elements.org

For accessibility evaluations of amateur equipment and MP3 manuals