From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 11:39:24 -0500
This sounds like smoke and mirrors to me.  Depending on the frequency, the
losses in a longer piece of coax will reduce the high SWR at the feed point
to a level that your tuner can accommodate.  I can't think of any other
explanation for such nonsense.  I would try it with a shorter run,
lower-loss coax, or a remote tuner at the antenna feed-point.  I hope it
works well.  I assume you have read reviews on E-Ham or something to back up
the manufacturer's claims.  Unless the coax is expected to be part of the
radiating section of the antenna, you could probably coil it up in the
shack.
73 --

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com