From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:40:19 -0600
Jim, I just did a little research on the vertical that Mike told us about,
and so, I might be able to help you some. First, the brand is Zero Five.
Zero Five seems to be a one-man operation, but his customer service and
responsiveness receives rave reviews as does his antennas. The antennas are
rated very highly in ease of construction and ruggedness/quality. All of the
reviews I read were of those who used ground mounting and most used a pretty
good radial system, the more the better. One reviewer indicated that he got
pretty good results with a single ground rod, but much better results when
he put down a good radial system. Of course, as you know, a good ground
system using radials is pretty much a requirement for all verticals for best
results. The reviews indicated good results on all bands with relatively low
swr and pretty wide band width. As for cost, I didn't see any current cost,
but at the time of most of the reviews I read, the cost was just under $500.

Zero Five Antennas' website is

http://www.zerofive-antennas.com/

You can read several user reviews at:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4605

Ron, K8HSY

From: "Dr.  Ronald E.  Milliman" <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:34:26 -0600
Subject: Re: Antenna

Mike, thanks for the additional details re your antenna.  I just read the
reviews and it sure gets raving reviews, mostly 5 out of 5, averaging 4.9.

Ron, K8HSY