Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 09:41:27 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
For that money, I'd stay away from out of production models, since the
availability of replacement parts will come sooner than models in
production.
With that said, you should be able to find a ts570 for maybe $600 or so.
It is out of production.
I have used the 480, and like it a lot.  The cW filter really improves the
radio if you will be using that mode.
The 100 watt model has an internal tuner that will tune anything under a 6/1
SWR.
Some of the 480's are reported to have less PEP SSB output than you might
want.  They are very conservative on their audio adjustments.
If you are buying it from a store, have them check that out.
I can whistle mine up to full power, but talking in to it, I get less output
than I do on the kx-3 or the omni D.

---