Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:01:27 -0400
The VCO is a separate device.  Mine has a quarter-inch male three-conductor
jack on it.  The ground sleeve is open.  The tip and ring terminals are
used.  I put a quarter-inch female jack on the amp and run the wires from
that to the meter.

Using that methodology, you can put other jacks on other metered equipment
and swap the VCO around if needed, or build a switchbox to switch the output
to whatever device you want to cmonitor.

Take a look at the SHARC audible meter article from the ARRL website, since
this has a comparator circuit so you can set a reference level for
current-critical applications
www.arrl.org/files/file/Technology/tis/info/pdf/7904022.pdf

Steve, K8SP